Achieving the Best Price
Presentation of your property is a critical factor in achieving the highest possible price. This is similar to detailing a car before you sell it. The emotional appeal required to stir the spirit of a buyer is unlikely to be generated by a poorly presented property. And a neglected building sends out 'warning signals' to prospective buyers.
All of our sales consultants are a wealth of knowledge and expertise when it comes to successfully preparing your property for sale. When you choose to sell with Allens you can be assured of skilled advice on presentation strategies that will work for your individual property. We can also refer you to a professional stylist who can do al the work for you.
Below are some tips on making your property shine:
Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms. The aim is for buyers to imagine their own photos on the walls.
People collect an amazing quantity of personal items. Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored in a closet when not in use.
Make the House Sparkle!
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Rent a pressure washer and spray down sidewalks and exterior.
- Clean, polish and dust!
- Hang up fresh towels.
Make Minor Repairs
- Replace cracked floor or counter tiles.
- Patch holes in walls.
- Fix leaky taps.
- Fix doors that don't close properly and kitchendrawers that jam.
- Consider painting your walls neutral colors,especially if you have grown accustomed to more vibrant shades.
Improve Outdoor Spaces
- Keep the nature strip cleared.
- Mow the lawn, sweep pathways, oil decks.
- Plant some colour in the garden and add mulch
- Trim bushes and remove all weeds.
- Make sure visitors can clearly read your housenumber.